Monday, August 8, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

I just realized I haven't posted anything since last Friday!  Sorry!  It has been a busy weekend.

First of all, I didn't complete the binding on the table runner until Sunday evening!  But I'm blaming it on the mini quilt shop hop my friend Rachel and my sister Deb and I went on Saturday.  We stopped first at Prairie Star Quilts in Elk Horn, IA and I picked up a table runner and a little quilt kit.  Then it was onto Log Cabin Quilt Shop in Exira, IA where I picked up a solid yellow from a 1930's reproduction line to use in my Grandmother's Flower Garden.  By the time we got home, I was tired.

Sunday I worked on the table runner kit and cut more templates out for the hexagons.  I hope to be able to show you the table runner soon,  I love the summer colors of it.

The garden called to me today so I spent time pulling weeds and picking some produce.  I have onions I need to freeze, along with beets.  Plus I still need to get some basil dehydrated and some pesto made to freeze.  I love this time of year!   And I'll love it even more this winter when I'm using produce from the freezer.

3 comments:

Deb said...

yum!! Your garden sound great! How do you make the pesto? I am growing basil now and would like to save some for the winter!

Your Sister

The Sunflower Patch said...

Oh,what fun! One of these days I am going to go on a quilt shop hop :)
Can't wait to see your new hexagon table runner!
I spent time in the garden today also. Would you mind sharing your pesto recipe?

farmersdotter said...

Never heard of freezing onions!
Sounds like a nice mini shop hop you went on.
King sized flower garden sounds like an awful lot of hand work! Table runner would be more my speed! I have several vintage pieces of hexagons. I attempted to put them together on the machine...very time consuming. Good luck on yours and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments.
Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter