Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Is Over (for me).

Today was my last day of vacation.  I'm back to work tomorrow. I'm happy and sad.

I set about trying to make a jelly roll of my Christmas fabrics today.  Took a lot longer than I thought it would. (I'm still not done.)  And I'm trying to sew the strips together so I can make one of the jelly roll racer quilts to show you.  I posted about making one this past Saturday at my quilt day.  I have a bin of fabric but when I started decide what to cut, I really didn't have many large pieces.  Lots of fat quarters.  So I'm using those.   It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I think that will be very pretty!

Beth said...

I love your quilt top. The colors are pretty, and I just love the fact that it looks like a jigsaw puzzle.