Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pajama Morning

Pajamas - a loose suit for sleeping or lounging.

Yesterday morning was a pajama and sewing morning.  To start off, I finished piecing this table runner.


I just bought this at Prairie Star Quilts this past weekend and decided since I've been on a roll with table runners, I'd get it done!  Problem for me now, is the piano key border is not totally in sync, I can't do linear quilting.  So will have to think on this a few days to see what it tells me it needs.

While looking for backing for the table runner, I came across this:

Again, from Prairie Star Quilts.  I had gone to Pumpkin Gatherings in the Fall of 2007 and this was the kit we made.  I had worked on it all day that Saturday I was there and then the first Quilt Retreat that Quilts From The Bluffs sponsored, I finished all the blocks.  Except one.  I didn't have enough hourglass sections.  So here was a note from my friend Karen,
So I finally went through the charm squares I have and found some fabrics to finish the blocks.  (As you can see in the picture above.)  Now all I have left is the sashing and maybe a border.  Not sure if I'm going to work on it now or save it to take to this year's Retreat.

Then with that sense of accomplishment, I started putting my string blocks together.  Yes I finally have enough done!

At about 11:00 am, I decided it was time to shower and get going on the rest of the day.  The garden was calling as the weather was beautiful.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my gosh!! I had forgotten about that quilt!! I haven't finished mine yet either...and I'm not sure how far I got!! Still another idea for a retreat project...

This time, YOU are the evil sister!
Deb

Jean said...

Love the runner. Next time you could just make all your strips different sizes, then it doesn't matter how they line up. *wink*

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Your runner is wonderful! So is the PSB pattern great quilt shop! You are closer to Elkhorn the I am! Lucky you!!!!

I hope I can stop when I visit friends in Omaha this fall.

Carolyn:)