Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Super Easy Table Runner

Super Easy Table Runner

Supplies:
12 Five inch charm squares
1/2 yard fabric for sashing
1/2 yard fabric for backing
1/3 yard fabric for binding
piece of batting 43 inches by 18 inches

From the sashing fabric: cut 2 strips 1 1/2" by WOF*, and 4 strips 2 1/2" by WOF

Now from the 1 1/2" strips cut 10 - 1 1/2" by 5"
From the 2 1/2 inch strips cut 3 - 2 1/2" by 32"
                                             2 -  2 1/2" by 15"

*WOF stands for width of fabric.

Start by setting out the charm squares with the 1 1/2" by 5" sashing.  Find an arrangement that is pleasing to you.  Sew these sashing strips to each of the charm squares.

Set the sashing pieces that are 2 1/2" by 32" between the charm rows and on the outside of the charm rows then sew.  ( I pin everything, but if you don't like pinning, go for it!)


To each end add one of the 2 1/2" by 15" pieces.



And it's done.  Now sandwich the backing, batting and top in your favorite way and quilt.  Add binding and you're done.  (There are lots of tutorials out there for sandwiching, quilting and binding if you need help.)  Very fast and super easy!

As always, if you have any questions or need more information, let me know.  Have fun!




3 comments:

Fiona said...

So effective.... great idea.. thanks.
Hugz

The Sunflower Patch said...

Will have to add this to my list of to make's! It would be very pretty in fall prints/colors :)

Deb said...

I love it!! Mind if I mention it at my blog? I have SO many charm square packs, I could make lots of these for gifts!

Deb