Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Own Jelly Roll Racer

Do you remember me talking to you about our Quilt Day here?  We had strips of fabric that we used to make our own jelly rolls and then sewed them to make a quilt.  It takes 40 strips and the directions are here. 



Using my own Christmas fabric, I finished a top today.   I didn't count exactly 40 strips as I used left over pieces of fabric, fat quarters and some pieces that were the width of the fabric.  I really like the way it turned out.  
I'm thinking I should cut up all of my Christmas fabric into 2.5 inch strips.  I could make a couple more of these and also use the strips to make 2.5 inch squares for 4 patch or 9 patch blocks.  I've used up all of my Valentine fabric and most of my St. Patrick's Day fabric.  Why not clear this out too???? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!!!

Deb said...

I love it!! Maybe THAT will be one of the projects I bring to the retreat? If I precut my strips...I could get a top done!!

Now...what genre?

Deb, your envious sister who can't seem to get a quilt top finished!!

The Sunflower Patch said...

Love how your strip quilt top turned out !
Also,thanks for the pesto recipe. I made pizza last night and used some pesto instead of red sauce. Yum :)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love you quilt on the clothes line!

9 patch quilt sounds like a fine project!

I agree with Jeanie--go for it!

Thanks for sharing, Carolyn

Miranda said...

Your quilt turned out great! I'm thinking that I might steal this idea to use up my jelly roll.
Thanks for giving me an idea :)

Rachel said...

Way to go Karen another finished quilt top! Beautiful work!

Jean said...

Very pretty...will make a great Christmas throw. About how long did it take to sew?