Saturday, August 13, 2011

Quilt Day

Friday I almost got all of my string blocks sewn into rows.  Won't be long now!

Today was quilt day for Quilts From The Bluffs.  It's always so much fun.  I got to try out a new pattern, one you might have seen on-line using a jelly roll.  If you haven't seen it, check it out here.  It was so much fun to do.  And we used 2.5 inch strips in one color way, all fabrics from the stash, to make our own jelly rolls.  What a fun way to bust the stash!  I'm thinking I may have to do this with some of my Christmas fabric.

Have you tried any new patterns or techniques lately?  Let me know, I love trying out new ideas.  (Or even old ideas that I haven't seen before.  I wonder sometimes how some of these ideas got by me the first time around.) 

3 comments:

Deb said...

I didn't even think about using Christmas fabrics with today's pattern! I found myself thinking "Halloween" on my way home...with black for the solid!!

Deb

Quilts from the Bluffs said...

I think I am going to try some of the blues with a bright yellow 2 1/2" square in between each strip and see what that does. I like the Christmas idea...well I like the thought of using up the Christmas fabric!!

Jean said...

How long did it take? Did you race? I have heard of this and think it would be fun.I wondered, though...where was the picture, eh?