Thursday, April 21, 2011

Puzzle Is Done

My puzzle is all put together!  I went out this afternoon looking for indigo or black Kona Cotton to use for the border.  I knew that the Hancock Fabrics in my town didn't have those two colors or I would have bought it Saturday when I had my class.  Since I live near another city, I went in search of my fabric.  First Hancock Fabrics I went to didn't have either color.  Second one I went to didn't have either color.  Third time the charm and I found both indigo and black.  However the indigo didn't have enough yardage so I got the black.  (I was really leaning towards the indigo, but that's OK.) I'm going to border the puzzle in black and then add another row of puzzle pieces around the outside.  At least that's my plan. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, Hancock in CB just got 2 bolts of black Kona. I have been waiting for a very long time for it to finish up my diamond quilt. Cindy called and asked me how much I wanted her to cut for me....I just picked it up Saturday somewhere else.

The puzzle top looks awesome. I still have part of mine on my design wall. With Fri and Mon off from school, I hope to get it finished! Have a great weekend and blessed Easter.

Diana S.

Deb said...

For what it's worth (and I am ONLY your sister), I think black will be better. I think it was the Color Muses hiding the indigo from you so you would have to buy the black fabric. Black will make those bright colors POP. GREAT QUILT!!

Jean said...

It looks awesome! Great job Karen!!

Anonymous said...

I am really loving this quilt. I like the black, too! Can't wait to see the finished top.