Sunday, April 3, 2011

Get The Lead Out

I cut all 46 of my 1.5 inch strips for the "lead" of my Turning Twenty.  And I cut all the 2.5 inch strips I need for the binding.  I'm thinking I may need to cut some more, as I may add the blocks down the center of the backing.  Or, I just may piece a number of floral fabrics together to make the backing.  Can let that idea stew around for a little while before I decide.  Next step is cutting the strips into the sizes needed for sewing.

I also made about 5 more of the little string blocks.  I did go check, I do have 2 bins of strings plus I think there may even be some Christmas strings in a box someplace.  I am going to have to really speed this up if I'm going to make a dent in those bins!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Yes, you should speed up; although maybe not for the reason you think. Boxes of scraps are like those boxes of denim you had. Left unattended they multiply like dust bunnies!!