Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Little Bit

I worked on my Easy Street blocks for a little bit Sunday and Monday.

Sunday I was really feeling kind of down.  It was a choice, but I didn't go fabric shopping like I have for the last few years.  (Read 10+)  I already have tons of fabric, but it was still sad to see an end to that tradition.  It isn't all about the buying fabric, I missed being with friends and my sister.  Sharing what's going on in our lives while driving/riding to the next shop.  Ohhing and Ahhing over great deals or beautiful fabric. Being silly and generally just having fun.

The generally having fun is what makes quilting so fun!  A tradition that has been passed down from our grandmothers, mothers or others.  It feels nice to be a part of such a greater tradition.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now....


3 comments:

Jean said...

I think you should go next time. Just put limits on yourself...take cash and only spend what you take...it's too bad to miss out on the fun of shopping with friends.

Deb said...

OR...lets start a new tradition!!

CeLynn said...

Unfortunately we all have those days sometimes :( Glad to hear that you are feeling better now!

Maybe a new tradition is just the ticket...