Sunday, April 8, 2018

My Friend At Work

My friend at work, Deb, has chickens and she gives me fresh eggs regularly.  I love those eggs.  They are so delicious!  

Well Deb's birthday was the end of March and the hen quilt I have been working on was for her.  It's finished and gifted, but I have to show you how she hung the quilt.  It's so cool!


She found a couple of yard sticks at a local antique shop.  One of the sticks was from a Feed Store and her husband made this hanger for her.  She said she found the idea on Pinterest.  How cool is that?  Love how it looks.

Here's a picture of the back of the quilt. Susan Winget fabric from 1993!  It was perfect with all the chickens.  I only had 1/2 a yard of it so I added some chambray looking fabric to the top and bottom.  She was so excited to get this quilt.  Almost as excited as I am to get the fresh eggs.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Deb knew perfectly how to hang the cute chicken quilt!! Have to remember her "yardstick" hanger idea!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love that quilt and what a neat idea for hanging it--
enjoy, di