Monday, July 29, 2013

Vacation!

We've been on a vacation, that's why I haven't posted anything for a while.  What a fun trip.  We went to the North Shore of Minnesota.  First we stopped in Minneapolis to see the grandkids and to travel with them for a couple of days.

The grands and their parents went with us to Duluth.  Love the change in scenery and the cooler temps!  Spent time at Canal Park in downtown Duluth.
On our way into Duluth.


Aerial Lift Bridge

The Old Depot

Gooseberry Falls, MN

Lighthouse at Split Rock, MN.
On the way up to Minnesota I decided to do like Jo does, at Jo's Country Junction, and pin my little 9 patch blocks.  I'm thinking this will take at least an hour of my time while we're in the car.  Wrong!  I was finished pinning in about 20 minutes.  Why is it that things you think will take forever don't and things that you think will be done in 15 minutes take you an hour?
Nine patches all pinned.
 So I worked on my tree skirt.  This is one of my UFO's for Connie's Game.  Not sure when it's number will be pulled, but I needed a hand project for the car.
Wool tree skirt.

Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Looks like you had a great time. I had to look up that bridge to see what it was. Did you stay to watch it go up? Very interesting. PInning seems to take forever when you are ready to sew!
I'm glad you got some handwork done at least.