Sunday, March 11, 2012

Multitude

I have a multitude of projects, like any good quilter has.  I was looking for something in my quilt room closet and thought differently about this:
I have all these nice little white boxes of projects on the shelf.  The problem is they have become a "decoration" in my closet. (Read I haven't touch them since I placed them there when we moved into the house 13 years ago.)  I decided that I'm going to start taking one project box at a time and decide if I'm truly going to finish it or should I just put the fabric back in the stash.  If I'm going to finish it, I need to work on it NOW.  My goal is to clean those off so I can put fabric there. I want it to look like this.

The first box held this:




 Which were made into these pins.
I took them to Quilt Day for Quilts From The Bluffs and we will use them for extra name tags.  A silver sharpie works great for writing your name.  So I got a UFO done, 1st one for the year!!  WOO WHOO!  And I decluttered another item!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Good for you! I like organization, but you are right...sometimes you can forget what you have organized. It becomes part of the background.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What sweet pins! Have fun reorganizing your shelves....the problem I have with boxes is I forget what is in them. If I can see the projects I am more likely to work on them......maybe!