Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Add It Up Wednesday

I missed the last time Bonnie linked up the Orca Bay Mystery quilts.  :-(
But, I'm still at the quilt!  This is what's new:


Step 1  228 quarter square triangles - DONE
Step 2   72 blue string blocks - DONE
Step 3  350 half square triangles - 140 done  All are cut out.
Step 4    64 red string blocks -1 done
Step 5  700 black triangles -20 are cut out
Step 6  112  2.5 inch black squares -DONE
            112  2.5 inch light squares - DONE
              52 2.5 inch red squares - DONE
              26 light Ohio Star blocks - 17 done
              26 dark Ohio Star blocks - DONE
Step 7  127 red string triangles combined with the 254 half square winged triangles - zero
            100 half square winged triangles set with 100 light triangles - zero
Step 8  The big finish  put all of the blocks together in rows and sew rows together. -zero
            Make borders using the 100 blocks made in Step 7. - zero


Declutter item: More silk flowers lost in the basement, a book and some Christmas decorations.  (I have them all boxed up and I pulled out a box and went through it for old, outdated items.)

I've been spending some time cleaning and loving the organizing ideas that I'm collecting on Pinterest.  I'm really thinking a quilting room overhaul is in store for this summer.  I've been thinking about it and planning it in my head.  Will start writing down the plan soon.  For me, Pinterest has been mini vision boards.  Love it!

1 comment:

The Sunflower Patch said...

Lookin good,6 out of 10! Way to go,pretty soon you will be ready to quilt :)