Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quilt Shops

OK, I was a bad girl today. I had vowed to not buy fabric unless it was to finish something I already had started. My 2 friends, Rachel and Leona, and I went to 3 quilt shops today. I was very good at the first shop, I found 4 yards of fabric for $8. It was a cream with a little black squiggle in it. I have a ton of Halloween fabric and I thought it would go nicely with that. You know, maybe sashing or for making patchwork blocks.

Next shop was PSQ's and I HAD to buy a fat quarter packet of Julie's fabric line. My reasoning, I have already messed up and cut the wrong size block with the fabric I have for the block of the month. This way I will be sure to have enought fabric to finish up, especially if I make any more mistakes. How was that for justification?

The last quilt shop I found fun turquoise, black and white fabric scraps for 60 cents each. They are smaller than fat eighths, so will be fun to try and come up with some little quilt or tablerunner.

Hope you had a good day. I'm going to go work on my quilt-along project this evening.

No comments: