Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cutting and Collecting

My bag that I use for collecting scraps, thread and leftover batting pieces. Part of my reduce, reuse and recycle of sewing.
I have this bag hanging on the door of the sewing cabinet. Don't you just love the wonderful blue plaid? I made curtains for my kitchen in the early 80's with this fabric and I bought a bunch of it.( read very cheap fabric.) It is a really nice cotton fabric. My table buddy, at a quilt retreat two years ago, works in an animal shelter and she does this. When the bag gets full, you sew the top shut.

And, after being sewn, it makes a wonderful pet pillow to be used by a dog or a cat at the shelter. Hopefully it will provide a little comfort.
I spent my 15 minutes cutting up scraps and all of the trimmings went into the bag.

1 comment:

The Sunflower Patch said...

How clever! I am going to start doing this right away. Good thing that I was a lazy butt and didn't empty my sewing trash this weekend :)