Monday, July 12, 2010

Let's get current


This was my March UFO/WIP. The pattern is "Positively Pansies" by Patchworks and designed by Pam Kuehle of PSQ.

April UFO/WIP was a rag quilt I had made in the summer of 2009. It was even clipped and all it needed was to be washed. But I hate to go to the laundermat. So it aged over winter until April. The back is all jeans that I have been saving for years. Summer of 2008 was the summer of cutting jeans and every time I thought I was done, I'd find another box. I even found more last summer in the Big Reorg. Still need to cut those up.

May's UFO/WIP was a 1930's repro wallhanging. Pattern is called "Bloom" by Liberty Star and designed by Renee Plains.



June's project was a tablerunner. Pattern is "Rail Romp" by Pieced Tree patterns. It was a kit and the binding was cut straight of grain. It would have been easier to add the binding it it was bias binding. Some of the corners didn't come out as well as I would like, but it works and it isn't going to the Fair!


And this is yesterday's 15 minutes. Got of stack of blocks matched and pinned. Will sew today.
The little wallhanging in the back is one that my sister, Deb made me for my birthday in 1995. Someday I'll need to tell the story of my evil sister and how she got me addicted to quilting. ( Althought there may have been a genetic predisposition.)



No comments: