Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Bins Of Fabric

I have a number of bins of fabric.  Especially since I have been collecting fabric since the late 80s early 90s.

I had a bin of "Vintage" Christmas fabric I used for the Sampler I had made.  I also cut out another quilt top from that bin and still had fabric left.  So anything left got cut into 8 inch squares.  I'm going to put those together for backing like one of the Guild members.  I love that look.



And since I was on a roll with cutting fabric, I had a bin that was to become a flannel rag quilt.  So I got busy and cut that fabric.  I spent most of yesterday working on that.  The bin is almost all trimmed up.  I made all the batting for this quilt way back when, see?


All the 12.5 inch squares plus some 6.5 inch squares and strings.  There was also a piece of fabric in the bin that was 8 yards long.  I'm going to use that for backing for one of my quilt tops I have hanging in the guest bedroom closet.

Feeling accomplished!  






No comments: