Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Knots

I never really thought that much about knots until I read Jo's post at Jo's Country Junction and all the replies to the Post.

I use a variety of knots.  When I'm doing hand sewing I use the knot that Jo showed.  Funny thing is, I'm right handed too and I use my right hand to make the knot instead of my left hand.

When I'm hand quilting I use the method of wrapping the thread around the needle and sliding it off and down the string.  Here is a YouTube video showing you how to do this method.

And when doing counted cross stitch I weave the ends in the back under the stitches.  This happens as I'm working the cross stitch, I hold the tail of the thread taut on the back as I stitch, making sure the thread ends up under the stitch.

What about you?  Do you have a favorite knot? 


No comments: