Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Some Finishes

I had some finishes on Sunday.  I did do my Sunday Strings block.




Then I made a pillowcase from some fabric a friend gave me.  It's going to be my Retreat pillowcase.  I used a pattern like this one from Missouri Star Quilt Company, but I finished it with french seams on the sides.  That way all the seams are enclosed.


And last, but not least, I made a sleep mask.  I have been using one for a while and I really sleep better with one.  This was fun to make.  I'm going to be making more of these!


The pattern I used was a freebie I found on Marcus Brothers fabrics website in 2009.  I did try to locate it, but I think it's gone.  I did Google "free sleep mask pattern" and there were a number that showed up. Craftsy has a pattern that was just like the one I used.  Craftsy has some great tips too, especially for getting it to come out even.  Mine is a little wonky, but it's for me and it's the first one I made, so I'm sure the next one will come out better!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Great project for our Jesse fabric! I have been thinking of making a sleep mask. I end up using a stuffed animal to cover my eyes!

Jean said...

Love that pillowcase fabric. I'm a little behind on blog reading. heehee