Thursday, October 21, 2021

Project 52

 Project 52 update, I have a couple of Patched Heart blocks completed!



I started talking about Project 52 here and today I thought I would give a little background into how it came about.   

I listen to Podcasts while sewing and one of the shows I listen to is from American Patchwork and Quilting.   You can find the link here.  One of the shows talked about being more productive and completing projects.  My quilting room is a UFO station, a real Area 54.  So you know how ideas percolate in your mind?  

One of the tips suggested working on one project a week and if at the end of the week if you are tired of it, switch to another projects for a week and then back to the original project the following week.  I have so many small projects, the last bits of things. So I decided to list them out, 52 to be exact, one for one week of the year.  Thus my sewing room became Area 52.  

Some of the projects will be completed in less than a week and some will take longer, but the idea is to complete projects and help them find new homes as usable items.

I really debated with myself about waiting until the new year to start this, but I decided that there is no time like the present and I needed to get going!  And that is how Project 52 was born!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Woo hoo! Good job!

Jean said...

Love this idea and you are getting a lot finished!