Sunday, September 9, 2018

Frustrated

I'm very frustrated.  I took my Bernina in to be cleaned, oiled and to have the zigzag stitch checked out.   Saturday I sat down thinking I could spend some time getting the rug finished.  Guess what?  The zigzag stitch is still skipping.  UGH!   So I will be taking it back in.  I did ask if the stitch was fixed and they assured me it was.  And that there is a 90 day guarantee so that's a relief.


So I decided to play with my 99K. 


It's been a while since I have used this, so things were a little dusty.  I'm going to have a little spa day for the machine so I can oil up all the places that need oil.  I love these old machines.  I'm thinking I need to look for an older machine that does a zigzag.  Hahaha.  Or I need to buy a new Bernina.  I have loved my 1080 and it has been such a great machine, but I guess they don't last forever.  And I have used it a lot in the past 20 years.  I did start putting away money every month in case I would have to buy a new machine.  Time to start looking as it might be better to get it bought and paid for before I retire.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Thank goodness for VSM back ups. Wouldn't it be best if sewing machines had odometers? I would guess yours has put in over 100,000 miles!

Karen said...

Odometers would be interesting. I'm sure it has a lot of miles on it. :-)