Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve

It's New Year's Eve and I spent some time sewing yesterday.  I finished one more sampler block.  I am out of leader and ender 9 patch squares.  So I decided to bag up the rest of the squares I need to finish the 9 patches I need for Rick Rack Nines from Bonnie Hunter's book "Adventures with Leaders & Enders". 

I don't have as much variety in squares that I want, so I'm going to spend some time today cutting some squares from my 2 inch strips.  I follow Bonnie's scrap system, which you can read about here.  Sometimes I worry about cutting too many squares, but so far I seem to use them up.  I can even see the bottom of the basket!  So I definitely need to cut some more squares.  I used most of them for this quilt.

Hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve!  I'm sure I will be like my grandkitty, asleep before midnight! Or maybe not, it depends on my sewing.....




No comments: