Monday, September 3, 2012

Exciting News

EXCITING NEWS!!!!

We have a new quilt shop in our town.  We have a Hancock Fabrics, but now we have a local Quilt Shop!  Love the new store.  Here is a picture of the new owners;

Kim and Becky - Owners of "Cut Up & Quilt".
Love all the fabrics.  They offer classes, which Jean is teaching.  Quilting services and so much more.  Pretty exciting if I do say so myself.

I am still working on the closet clean out.


 I made up this charity quilt with the leftover blocks from this quilt.  I had a panel with the quilt pictures and sayings in the closet.  They worked perfect to finish this quilt so that it was a little bigger than just nine 16 patch blocks. Plus, I don't think I ever would have used the panels for a sweatshirt or tote bag, maybe at the time I bought the panel, but not now!

Going to keep plugging away at the closet.  I decided the last 4 of the pumpkin wall hangings are going to be made into pillows.  I had enough of the binding fabric left to make borders and I'm using the leaf fabric for the backing.  I'll be back when they are done!  See you!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Good finish! I like the sixteen patches and it looks great with the panels. NIce they are the same size.

CeLynn said...

How exciting! I really love the quilt behind the owners,do you know the pattern/name?