Saturday, November 12, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

I can't believe I haven't written anything since Wednesday.  I'm going to blame it on Thanksgiving.

I know that sounds weird, but we're having family here and I have been busy getting things ready.  I have guests that stay the whole weekend, so I have lots of planning and prep work to do.  I love having my husband's family here as this is the one time that we seem to all get together.  It's a great day with lots of fun and food.

I'm trying out a recipe for homemade Butterfingers.  I'm ready to start dipping them in chocolate.
 I originally saw the recipe at Ask Anna.  Which is why I decided I wanted to try it.  My problem was, I had chunky peanut butter.  I made them anyway just to see how it would come out.  I also found another recipe at Buns In My Oven which I like because I'm a cup of this and a teaspoon of this baker vs 16 oz of this and a pinch of this.  I'm going to try that recipe next time.  When it comes to cooking, I like a recipe, when it comes to sewing, I like to experiment a little outside of my comfort zone.

I'm taking these to quilt day, so will let you know how they go over.  Wish I had the creamy peanut butter. (It is odd, as I usually buy creamy style vs chunky style.)  Once you get them covered in chocolate, it won't matter, at least that's my way of thinking.

No comments: