Monday, May 23, 2011

WIP or New Project?

I don't know whether to call this a work in progress (WIP) or a new project.  I have had the jean squares cut out for a couple of years.  I had boxes and boxes of old jeans from my son, my husband and myself, that I finally cut into 6.5 inch squares a couple of summers ago.  I made one rag quilt here in 2009 after cutting all the squares. 

I want to make a quilt to be used outside by the kids if they need to sit down and cool off.  Especially now that the weather is getting warmer. (We take books outside for the kids to read or be read to and it would be nice to have a blanket to sit on.)

Friday night I cut some dog flannel into the 6.5 inch squares and tonight I started sewing them together to make a rag quilt. Not so sure I want to clip all the seams so I just may find out how much it will fray without all the clipping.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Did you give your pretty denim rag quilt to the school? Or just loan it?
I love the beagles on the flannel you are cutting up now.