Monday, January 10, 2011
Also, I just realized I didn't blog about yesterday's sewing. I think it's because I was too frustrated. I am putting this quilt together using this method:
At first I thought I would use the highway seam and after I got to pressing and pinning, I decided for a strip this long, it was waaaaaay too much work. So I changed back to the one way street fold. Then, because I have some decorative stitches on my machine, I thought I'll use one of those. (I should tell you that I have made a log cabin quilt using Betty Cotton's pattern, so this isn't new to me.) Started with one that was kind of a satin stitch s-curve. Didn't like the way that was turning out and after 9 inches, I stopped and ripped that out. SO today when I started I used the basic blanket stitch and was much happier. And I have two strips together!