Monday, October 8, 2012

A Fun and Fast Weekend

It seems like weekends go by way too fast.  I had Friday off work and I headed out to A Quilting Place to machine baste my oldest UFO.  I'm so happy to make more progress on this quilt.


This quilt is all hand embroidered by me and I'm going to hand quilt it.  I wanted to do this kind of quilt as a memory quilt or to pay tribute to my grandmother.  During the 1960's, for extra income, she would embroider a quilt for people.  She only charged $25.00 for her work.  If the customer wanted it hand quilted, she would do that too.  Again, only charging $25.00.  So for Christmas in about 1978 or 1979, my mother bought the kit for me.  For my birthday I got the thread kit.

  As I was basting the quilt, I discovered I had forgotten to embroider one leaf.  It won't be a problem to go back and fix that.  I can't believe that happened.

1 comment:

CeLynn said...

This quilt is most certainly a labor of love. From what I can see it will be very beautiful :) Enjoy your hand quilting!