Friday, July 13, 2012

Sixteen Patch

I see it's been a few days since my last post.  I have been working at something though.  At our May Quilt Guild meeting I took home a sandwich bag of 3 inch squares, 330 squares to be exact.   I saw a quilt on Pinterest that caught my eye, but I guess I didn't save it as I haven't be able to find it.  But I did come across it in one of my emails from "FaveQuilts Piecing It Together"  newsletter.  Here is the inspiration.  And here is the top I made.

I had the lavender fabric in my stash and thought it would go nicely with the light colors of the squares.  This top will be quilted and given to someone via the Guild's "Quilts For Comfort" project.  Quilts that are given to someone in the county who has a need.  Feels so good to be able to help out this way.

I still have eight 16 patch blocks to make into another top.  We'll see what I come up with.....

7 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh cool! How nice to make one and have enough left to make another one.

Jean said...

This is so pretty. Someone will be very happy!
I have seen some people making 16 patch scrappy blocks...I think they were doing them every week or something.... and it looks like so much fun. I might have to try it too.

CeLynn said...

Love the lavender,it not only goes great,it also has a calming affect too. You are sure to come up with something pretty,you always do!

Drop by my blog when you have a minute,I have awarded you the Liebster Award :)

Mary Ann said...

What a great way to use up scraps - I've made a bunch of 3.5" and 5" squares and now you've given me a great idea - thank you!

Deb said...

Pretty! Pretty!

Margaret said...

I was so excited to come across your post. I am about to update the tutorial, so any feedback would be appreciated.

I love the lavender sashing!

Margaret

Margaret said...

I've linked to you from my blog!