I had a fun evening! I went to the Piecemaker's Quilt Guild. Tonight was a soup supper (delicious food) and found out about this year's challenge and a group quilt-a-long.
I'm really excited by the Paint Chip Challenge. There were 3 bags of paint chips; light, medium and dark, and you pulled a chip out of each bag. Here are the chips I pulled.
1. All 3 colors must be used in the quilt.
2. Use as many fabrics as you want, but all fabrics must have one of the 3 colors in it.
3. One of the 3 colors must be your focus fabric.
4. You may add one neutral: white, cream, taupe, grey, or black
5. Your fabrics can be whatever you prefer (solids, prints, batiks..) as long as the colors match your chips.
6. You can use any block or quilt design. And it can be anything you want to make.
7. Paint chips are to be pinned to your finished project.
8. Project is due at the November 2012 meeting.
I don't think I have anything to match these chips. May have to go shopping. (But, I'll check out the stash before I head out to buy.)
Declutter item: Still clearing out files on the computer. It's amazing the amount of stuff I have bookmarked.