Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Final Countdown Task Three

 I'll confess, when I read Task Three, "Cut up some scraps" I whined in my head, "I don't wannna!"  I immediately thought of these 3 bags sitting in my cupboard waiting to be cut up.  (The door shuts on this cupboard so I don't hear them calling to me in a very loud voice.)



I then thought of these scraps sitting on my cutting table waiting until I was done sewing my 6 inch and 3 inch squares on to my last strips of the king-size quilt.  Hey, I could cut these up now and kill two birds with one stone.  I thought it was going to take a loooong time so I set my timer for 15 minutes and started cutting. I cut some strips 2.5, but most was cut into 3 inch squares as I have a lot of those and I thought I'd make some kind of pillow shams for the bed. To go with the quilt.



Fifteen minutes later I had that scrap all cut up.  Had a few 6 inch blocks, but mainly had 3 inch squares.  Can't believe it only took 15 minutes, I was sure it would take me at LEAST an hour.


3 comments:

Deb said...

Wow!! Maybe I will set my timer tonight to cut some more scraps for Michael's quilt. I need more 6.5 inch blocks. I have a fantasy I will get it done for his birthday. Who knows!!

Mama Pea said...

Way to go. I wanted to whine about it too, but this is one of those things I have been wanting to tackle anyway. So it was a good kick in the pants for me!

Shelly said...

I'm so proud of you for ignoring the whiny voice. (I need to do that waaaay more often!)