Saturday, June 1, 2024

An Upcycle

I upcycled my pressing mat that I made some time ago.  For some reason I kind of quit using it.  You can see it  here.    I took the binding off, added a zipper and some more stitching and now I have an iron bag.  The pattern I used was from Lindsay Conner from lindsaysews.com, but I checked her website and I couldn't find the pattern.  😕  Sorry I'm not able to share that, but there are lots of other free patterns and tutorials if you search for "boxy bag".



My travel iron and another pressing mat will fit inside this bag.  It's perfect because this bag has the ironing board fabric inside plus I will wrap my iron in my other pressing mat before putting it in this bag.  Protection for the hot iron and the bag keeps the cord from getting all tangled up. It feels so good to use my old mat this way!  

No comments: