Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Secret Project

 My secret project is complete and has been received by the person I made it for!


A Quilted Hug!  I "made" the outside layer of fabric from two inch squares.  Two yards by about 44 inches.

The outside fabric
The lining fabric

The pattern calls for a hook and loop closure but I didn't have any and I was trying to use stash.  So I made a loop and covered a button for the closure.  (I bought a bunch of the covered buttons when the  Hancock Fabrics near me went out of business.)


The Quilted Hug Project has a Facebook page here.  And you can find a free pattern here.  Also a very helpful YouTube video here.  The Quilt Guild I belong to is making these for some nursing homes in the area as a community project. 




1 comment:

Jean said...

That turned out so pretty. I bet she loves it!