Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A New Year

It's almost the New Year and I'm thinking about Quilting Resolutions for 2021.  I have been doing the Dirty Dozen for a couple of years now and I will continue to do this.  I've also participated in American Patchwork and Quilting's UFO challenge.  And a UFO challenge through Guild.

One thing I really like at American Patchwork and Quilting is this tracker for UFOs.  Check it out here.   I added an app called Quiltful to my phone to help me have measurements when I'm shop hopping.  Especially when I see a deal on backing fabric. But something about the tracker is calling to me.

I don't know exactly how many UFOs I have.  (And do I really want to know? EEK!)  I decided I am going to start organizing them.  Not the tops, but the projects I have started but aren't finished to top status.  And I'm going to use the paper tracking form from American Patchwork and Quilting.  My goal is to add one a day until I get them listed and in a notebook.

I have so many ideas of ways I can get these projects completed.  I can do a block a day, I can do Leader/Enders, I can piece backings (one a month), I can quilt an hour (or whatever amount of time) a day.  

But this last year of being confined at home so much has taught me, slow and steady wins the race.  Just keep working on them!  What plans or ideas to do you have for your projects? 




No comments: