Friday, November 20, 2020

Cutting

 Cutting fabric for a new quilt use to be one of the things I kind of dreaded.  It seemed to take so long to get the fabric cut so I could get to the "fun part" of sewing.  But my attitude has changed.  I enjoy the cutting process now.  Although some days it seems to take forever.  For example when I was cutting background fabric for "Growing Up Odd", a free pattern from Wedding Dress Blue blog.

It's a little over 3 yards of background fabric cut into 2 inch strips.  And then to the length needed to complete the block and for sashings.



It has become a form of meditation for me, this cutting of fabric. And I have given myself the luxury to take my time with cutting.  Not only is it safer, but I enjoy seeing how the fabric design ends up on the strips.

What parts of quilting have you changed your attitude about?


No comments: