Saturday, October 31, 2020

Recycling!

I feel like I did some major recycling with my last project. I had a bunch of denim squares that I had cut from old jeans.  I also had a flannel sheet that was in good shape, just had shrunk so much it didn't fit well on the bed.  So I cut it up and I made some rugs.

Two of these have been made in this size and I want to make one more that is bigger.  And I still have lots of squares left.  It is essentially a rag quilt but instead of clipping the seams, I stitched them down.

I had made these originally when our dog wasn't able to jump up onto the bed.  She wouldn't sleep in a dog bed but would stretch out on the floor.  She did like to be on the quilt, especially in the winter, so I made a couple for her.  After she died, I started using them as rugs and I really liked them.  They wash up so easily and I didn't pay an arm and a leg for a washable rug.  I have a navy top sheet that I may cut up and add to the toile sheet.  

No comments: