Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Plugging Along

 I've been plugging along on my Celtic Solstice.  I've been trying to use my stash to do the last border, but I'm just not finding the right fabric.  So I'm leaning towards making a trip to a quilt shop to buy fabric for that last border.  At least I have some time to think about it. In that respect it's not like before COVID, I would have already been to the shop and home again.  Now I really weigh the need vs the want before I head out.  My two choices:




In the meantime, I've been working on a sewing mat.  My friend Jean teaches classes and she had a class on making a mat, but at the time I was working and wasn't able to go to the class.  She sold the pattern on Craftsy before all the changes and that's when I bought the pattern.  She does have an Etsy shop with some of her patterns, but not the sewing mat.  But if you really want the pattern, you could contact her for information.

So without further ado, here's the mat:



It's such a nice size mat.  The pattern called for adding a piece of ironing board fabric to the right, but I have a little wool mat that I'm going to use instead.  I'm loving the pockets, it will be perfect for storing some items instead of having them on my table.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Which border did you end up using? Your mat turned out so cute!