Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Decision

 A decision has been made!  I ended up using the orange for the last border on Celtic Solstice.



Now to figure out a backing.  I haven't made many pieced backs, but I'm thinking I will need to on this one because of the size.   Plus, what a great way to use up some fabric from the stash.  Speaking of which, most of this quilt was made with stash.  I had to buy some orange and some of the cobalt blue. But I did use up all of those colors in my stash. 

Fall is officially here and our garden is winding down.  We planted watermelons this year and were able to have only one for us because of the deer, raccoons and turkeys.  We have figured out a better fence for the patch, so hoping to have more next year.  But this one was amazing.  The flavor was so sweet!


Enjoy your day!  Happy quilting!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I really like the orange border....even better than the green. I like to use up fabric by piecing the backing, though I don't do it a lot.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh wow, that is so spectacular! It's turned out sooo well! xx