Wednesday, January 2, 2019

To Do List

Do you have a "To Do" list that you keep for your quilting?  I kind of feel that's what the goal list is.  Right now, with the New Year starting, quilters everywhere are trying to decide what to do in 2019.

Back story here:
When I made a "To Do" list for cleaning, I would end up doing some extra cleaning that isn't on the list and I would be frustrated that I didn't finish my list.  So I started making a "Done" list.  I'd start with my "To Do" list, but if I did some cleaning not on my list, I would add it to the "To Do" list and cross it off.  Sounds silly I know, but I felt better about things.  An accurate list of things that I had done that day.  Sometimes it's all about what keeps you motivated. 

I've decided I'm going to keep a "Done" list along with the "To Do" list.  Sometimes in the middle of working on a big project, I would stop and make some little thing as a Thank You for a friend. Or a little Birthday gift. Those were never in the "count of things I have finished".  They are equally as important.  At least for me.

What are your thoughts on lists?  Do you make them?  Do you stick to them?  What tips would you share?


3 comments:

Deb said...

Great idea!

Rachel said...

Happy New Year Karen!
I love to write lists!
I can see what I have in waiting and sometimes those projects fit when special occasions arise. Also keeps me motivated and on task. As for listing projects completed I've taken to photographing them and then found an inexpensive source to print into a small book form. It is so fun to see what got completed and who it was gifted to.
Keep on creating!!

Karen said...

Rachel, like the idea of the small book of projects. What a great way to keep a record of those projects.