Monday, June 29, 2015

Cutting

OK, I really should have been cutting my Red, White and True QAL quilt, but I decided to wash the fabrics as I was worried about the red.

So I'm looking at Facebook this morning and I see a quilt someone has finished on Quiltville's Open Studio, called "Crayon Box".  It's one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns.  I have a bunch of 2.5 inch strips cut and overflowing their drawer.  I had to divide them into light and dark and place them in two other bins.  AND I had a bag started for the overflow.  Yes the drawer was still full even with all the strips that were removed.   I even had a bin of 4.5 inch blocks for the centers.  I decided to use all the same fabric for the centers as I had enough that I could.  Cutting is done and the project is ready to sew.



Oh, by the way, this is the way I clean my sewing room.  I never seem to really clean it, just work on projects to clear more room.


1 comment:

Deb said...

You are a silly sister! Apparently, the silliness is genetic, because now I am going to check out the pattern to see if I have sufficient 2 1/2 strips...