Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Quilt Along

My friend Jean is having a Quilt Along on her blog,  Red, White and True.  This is the quilt:



Isn't it beautiful!  I love it!  Some of the fabric she used is from this year's All Iowa Shop Hop and some is from last years.  I have fabric I bought this year and I didn't have a plan for it, but now I do!


My background white will have a little more color than the one Jean used, but I hope it works.  You shouldn't have a problem catching up as last Monday had the cutting instructions.  No sewing has started yet.  You know you want to make this, as it will be perfect for the Fourth Of July.

2 comments:

Jean said...

It will be fun to see how the background changes the look! What are you using for a border?

Deb said...

Yes, I wasn't too make this. Yesterday I found myself thinking...What if I did it in fall/Halloween fabric? Christmas fabric? Instead of white for the background, use a print the fabric which is "solid" for the red & blue parts.