Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jumble

What a jumble of a day!  I have worked a little on the chevron blocks for Celtic Solstice as I was so excited to have all the squares marked and ready to go.  But I decided to do a little cleaning. too.  I came across a bin of all the left over fabrics from my Lewis and Clark quilt.


What a jumbled mess that was.  Pattern parts, fabric bits etc just stuck there.  Since working on UFOs and getting some done, I've been a little better about sorting out the fabrics and adding them back to the proper bin or making squares or stings out of them.  I found these blocks in there also.


These are the colors that Hancock Fabrics had chosen.  The finished blocks are going in the orphan block bin.  I also had purchased some jewelry charms on clearance that was to be use to embellish the Lewis and Clark quilt.  I'm thinking I may make the tree block into a pillow and decorate the tree with the charms.  

So are you good about putting the fabric back in the stash when you finish a project???

2 comments:

CeLynn said...

Yes and then again no! Sometimes I am good about putting fabrics back and keeping things tidy. Lately I have not been,so a good cleaning of the sewing room is imminent!

Jean said...

Did you make your blocks out of different fabrics, is that why you have some left over? I think I have that whole kit, never did make it.

I do get my leftovers put back in my stash eventually. That's a project I need to do for several this week!