Saturday, June 15, 2013

Backing

I bought a table runner kit at Log Cabin Quilting in Exira, IA. that uses the All Iowa Shop Hop fabric.  I loved how it came out.  As you know, I've been wrapping fabric on comic book boards.  I remembered a fun little farm fabric that I had just wrapped last week and it's now the backing for my table runner.

See the date?  It's from 1992! Time it made it into a project.  I love the little quilt blocks and the baskets with the quilt blocks in the center along with the farm animals.  Hope to get this quilted today and the binding sewn on and I'll be showing you the finished piece soon.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict does "Make A List Monday".  There are a number of blogs out in blog land that follow that same adage, but this is where I first saw it.  I started doing that this summer and I love doing it.  It helps me keep focused for the week.  And it's pretty exciting to cross things off the list.  I'm not ready to put it on the blog, but I am going to practice it the rest of this summer.  Hope to accomplish lots with this "tool".

3 comments:

Jean said...

Very cute backing fabric, can't wait to see how that runner turned out!

Deb said...

Isn't it great finding the perfect fabric which has been carefully aged in your stash--just waiting for this opportunity!!

CeLynn said...

Oh,I love the backing for your table runner! It is so nice to find treasures that you originally intended for another project,that fit your current project to a T :)