Sunday, June 2, 2013

Background

I thought I'd give a little background to why B & H's wedding album pillow took me so long (like 11 years) to finish.  At first I thought I'd just make it in rows like the H-I block.  An example is this is a quilt I'm working on for the Quilt Ministry, Quilts From The Bluffs.

But as I was cleaning out some old magazines, just after the wedding, I found this lay out....


This is how I wanted to set this quilt/pillow together!  Notice the use of templates.  Plus this block was bigger than the one I used.  I needed to use math to figure out the setting triangles...so into the closet it went.   Update to now, blogland is wonderful!  You can find any chart you need, in order to figure out your quilting problems and without the use of templates!!!  Someone has done the math for you!  You could call it cheating, but I call it convenience.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I love the internet and all the quilty info you can find.