Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Thoughts

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was that my sashing was 2 inches too small and I need to remeasure it.

So I got a cup of coffee and went up to the sewing room.  Removed the sashing and measured it.  And sure enough, it was two inches too short.  What makes your mind do this?  Was it the fact that I struggled so to pin that sashing to the border?  The fact that I had to carefully measure the middle and quarter points?

Whatever it is, I'm soooo glad I didn't sew that sashing on last night!  Today I finished cutting the sashings to the right size.  (And replaced the one I did wrong.)  Maybe tomorrow I'll get this sewn together and a picture taken.


2 comments:

Deb said...

Those are the thoughts that usually hit me as I am showering!! And, then the next challenge is to REMEMBER the thought by the time I get out....

Deb

The Sunflower Patch said...

Hummm,I have that same problem! Which is why I have post it note pads,I should invent a water proof one :)
Glad you were able to fix it before having to rip it out!