Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thinking

I've been working on the king-size quilt today.  I've sewn some 6 inch squares onto the last strip I have base coated.  I've been going through the last of the 6 inch squares to see how many more I need to cut and cutting out a few as I go.  I know I have lots of 3 inch squares. 

So I've been thinking about my 2011 goals while I've been doing this.  Not sure if I will get my king-size quilt done in 2010, but it will be pretty close.  So did I overextend my goal list or not? (My goal for 2010 was to complete a UFO/WIP for each month and to make a king-size quilt for our bed.)  I'm thinking not really.

So what do I want to do for 2011? One thing for sure is to spend more time with my long-arm quilting machine to get more comfortable with doing some new techniques.  I also want to take a class on cleaning and oiling the machine.

I also have a number of quilt kits that I have bought and that I have put together myself.  I was thinking of working on those and completing one every other month.  Plus working on small items in between.  I need small items to have a sense of accomplishment; that I got something done. 

I'll keep thinking.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I think you have done AMAZING Karen! On top of having completed a project every month (how many years can you say you did that?), you almost have completed a king size quilt WHICH you are cutting, piecing AND quilting yourself. And, an added benefit, which I don't think you expected, is you have motivated many of us to do the same next year. You have shown how with a mere 15 minutes a day, a lot can be accomplished. I am proud of you, Big Sister!!
Love,
Deb

Karen said...

Thanks Deb!