Saturday, October 9, 2010

Addiction

OK, the fabric addiction was on full force today. All morning all I could think about was the AQS show in Des Moines and that I was missing it. In addition, my favorite quilt shop was having a big sale in honor of the show. I really wanted to go and buy fabric.

Today the weather was BEAUTIFUL! I wanted to get out and go to an apple orchard and get fresh apples or head out to a craft show, go to the quilt shop, something. So I'm whining to my hunny bunny about all of this when he comes home from golfing and I how would love to make apple crisp for dessert. That did it for him, so we got in the car, we drove to a local orchard and got some apples. As we were walking back to the car, we were trying to decide if we should just go home or pick another adventure and what are we going to do for dinner, go out or eat leftovers. I said let's just go back home and then I can make the apple crisp.

Taking the scenic way home, he said "I thought you would suggest Larsen's Pub in Elk Horn for dinner." That did sound good. (Didn't take much to twist my arm. wink wink.) So that's what we did. And since we were going to Elk Horn, we might as well stop at Prairie Star Quilts for a while. Which we did. I got flannel backing fabric for $1.oo a yard (told you it was a good sale) and backing from some of Julie's line of fabric for my block of the month that I am doing with that fabric line.

What a wonderful day!

P.S.
I pinned all the bags I have cut out and started sewing them together. I'll show you my steps tomorrow.

No comments: