Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Pillow Cases

 I made some pillow cases recently, one I gave away already so I don't have a picture of it.  But I do have pictures of the others.

First one up is a Paw Patrol pillow case that I will give to a Relay For Life group.


The next one is an effort to use up some of my sewing theme fabric along with having a fun pillow case for Retreats.

And the last one is made from some Nebraska Shop Hop fabric.  I went on a bus trip this past April with a local quilt shop.  I found this old Shop Hop fabric on clearance so I picked up enough fabric to make four pillow cases.  And all four of the cases are completed.


I make my cases using the "burrito method".  I found a great cutting chart here at "Hello Sewing".  Here is a tutorial also at that site. There are also lots of tutorials on YouTube if you would like watch one being made. 

 I've read about how people use their fabric to make pillow cases for charity.  My problem is I don't have many fabrics that I buy a yard of.   I buy so many fat quarters as I love scrape quilts and I'm always looking for variety.  But I may surprise myself if I went through all my fabric and pulled out any that could be used to make more cases.




No comments: