Thursday, February 18, 2021

Cross Stitch

 Have you noticed that Cross Stitch is making a "come back"?  I did lots of cross stitch and counted cross stitch in the '80s and "90s.  (I know, showing my age.)  Actually I've been cross stitching since I was five.  My Grandmother taught me how.  These are my first two pieces:


They were to be potholders.  I guess you could say these are my oldest UFOs!  I started the UFO habit early!  

But once I got bit by the quilting bug, I kind of quit doing cross stitch.  I cleaned out a bunch of kits and saved a few for "Retirement".  And that leads me to now. I bought this kit at a garage sale for 25 cents years ago.  So I decided to spend some time in the afternoon stitching.


I'm thinking it will be made into a large pincushion.  Or maybe another potholder...


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your oldest UFO, but possibly also the cutest!

Karen said...

Thank you!

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Boy if I was to go through some of the boxes I have I the garage I would come across some cross Stitch from years ago too. Whether a pin cushion or pot holder would be nice
Thank you for the well wishes and I am going to try harder to be more consistented.