Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sewing Machine

I've been having a few problems with my Bernina sewing machine, mainly with the decorative stitches.  I really want to get my jelly roll rug completed but my machine won't do a nice zigzag stitch on that much fabric.  It works great on batting as I have pieced together some scraps for a table topper.  I had it into the shop twice last Fall to see if they could fix it.

An applique project for my Dirty Dozen won't get finished in time.  First I tried a blanket stitch but the machine wouldn't make it.  Just did a zigzag.  So I tried a tiny zigzag stitch and it isn't very consistent.  (I just stitched around the outside of the Dresden petals and the inside circle.)  I'm unhappy with the results especially when I know how nice of stitch this machine use to do.


It's very frustrating when your tools don't work the way you want.  So I've been trying to decide if I want to start looking for a new machine.


1 comment:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I know your frustration with a sewing equipment--
mine is with rotary cutters--I have tried two types of cutters and 2 kinds of blades and even a new mat--and they still 'skip' in the cutting==even with just 2 layers--
just can't figure out why and I get so tired of re-cutting the strips/pieces--doesn't make me a happy stitcher that is for sure--so I know how you feel--
have an awesome day--
luv, di