Sunday, February 4, 2018

Mama's Got A New Bag!

Mama's got a new bag!  Yesterday I took a bag class at Cut Up & Quilt, my local quilt shop.  Jean walked us through the making of this bag,  The "Brancaster Messenger Bag" by Emma Brennan of Charlie's Aunt


I really like the bag on the pattern, made from wool.  I may have to make another one.  

We started out Friday with a cutting party from 5-6.  Just to get the pieces cut and the interfacing and fleece interfacing ironed on.  I got the pieces cut out but didn't get the interfacing cut.

Back Saturday morning bright and early, to start up where we left off the night before.  I like that little bit of a jump start the night before.  Got the interfacing on and started sewing.  Before the day was over, I had a new bag!



The floral fabric is some I had in my stash.  It reminds me of an Amy Butler fabric, but there is no writing on the salvage edges.   The lining and outside pocket are made from Grunge fabric.  I can't believe how well it matched!  Love this new bag!


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh so pretty!! And look what you have to sport this spring...and new bag!!

Deb said...

I think I might have a similar floral fabric. Perhaps from our trip to Minneapolis in 2008? Cute purse. You be stylin'!

Jean said...

It turned out so cute!